2013-05-12

2013-05-12 Blogger: Posting comments no longer works (with Firefox)?

I did not even try posting any comments to blogger posts for the last few weeks if not months.

Just recently I encountered a problem when trying to post comments to blogger posts:

After entering the text and selecting a profile f.e. "Google Account" or "Anonymous",
the comment form was reset - the text cleared and the profile returned to "Select profile..."
upon clicking on "Publish" or "Preview" regardless.

That happened quickly and without any kind of other feedback - no captcha, no nothing.

Looking further into that, I found that the comment form was not delivered in the html
of the post in question directly but inside an iframe.

I also found that the post request was sent to "www.blogger.com/comment-iframe.do"
but entcountered a redirect (http status: 302 Moved Temporarily)
to "http://www.blogger.com/comment-iframe.g?blogID=...&postID=..." (I replaced the ids with "...")
and of course a post request does not work with a redirect...

I found that some people could still post comments, while others - like me - could not.

Then I found that I did not experience that problem with the browsers QupZilla and MS Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately at the time of this writing I don't know for sure, why that occurs and what can be done to correct it.

As you may not be able to comment in this blog - because of the problem described here,
you may use the - non post specific - chatango group chat to post comments,
or try another browser to comment here.

I found another Solution:
 Apparently blogger now requires 3rd party cookies enabled!
Checking "Accept third-party cookies" solved the comment posting problem for me.

- Even though, I may think, it has given me a problem with my browsers privacy settings now!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for your post! I just fixed a Blogger+Firefox bug after reading it. The Share link in Blogger interface stopped working for me around the same time, it only gave the page a white shade and nothing more. I couldn't find a solution for weeks, today I finally got the idea to check this link in Chrome and it worked. I started searching for Firefox specific problems and found your post. Changed the third-party cookies setting to 'from visited' and the Share functionality is back! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your feedback and the additional information.
      Seeing it has helped brighten my day. :-)
      I'm happy to see that my post turned out helpful to someone. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have been having issues with commenting on other blogs and receiving comments on my own for months now until I stumbled upon this post and solves my issue! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. En un blog que comento, desde siempre ahora me pide,

    como aquí, que demuestre no ser un robot, transcribiendo

    las dos palabras que aparecen publicadas.

    Aquí, pude hacerlo porque se abrió el espacio para escribir,

    en cambio, en el blog que intento dejar el mensaje,sólo

    se ven las dos palabras y no da posibilidad de escribirlas

    como lo hice aquí,podrían ayudarme? gracias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry lola,
      I don't speak Spanish and Google translator does not enable me to understand your post good enough to understand your problem.

      Delete